Contact Us – 510-282-2450
AMain Hobbies and Scotty Ernst are proud to bring oval racing fans the 2020 RC Gold Cup — a premier oval race like no other, held at the world-famous Silver Dollar RC Raceway.
To ensure racers get plenty of track time there will be two identical banked ovals — one for racing, and a second meticulously maintained for practice, testing and tuning. Also as requested by the racers this will be a spec tire race using the JConcepts Sprinter Tires, Shop Here.
The only exception being the 13.5 Wingless class which will run DE Outlaw Sprint Tires, Shop Here.
The September weather in beautiful Chico, California should be perfect with daytime highs expected to be in the 80s. The dates for the RC Gold Cup were chosen to coincide with the World Of Outlaws NOS Energy Drink Series Sprint Cars Gold Cup Race of Champions held at the same Silver Dollar Fairgrounds. Get your RC oval fix in during the day and hang out with your friends and some cold ones in the evenings while you watch the world’s best sprint car racers.
You won’t want to miss this race and all that is in store to guarantee you have a weekend to remember.
Hotel Information can be found at: https://tracks.amainhobbies.com/travel-resources/
When: September 11-13, 2020
- Thursday Sept 11 9am-5pm Controlled Practice / Registration
- Friday Sept 12 9am-5pm Qualifying
- Saturday Sept 13 9am-5pm Qualifying and Mains
Where: Silver Dollar Way, Chico, CA (map)
Presented by: A Main Hobbies and Scotty Ernst
Entry Fee: $50 first class
$40 second class
$30 each additional class
Visit the Facebook page and invite your friends: https://www.facebook.com/events/3252714148137095/
Masters Outlaw Sprint +45
Midwest Modified/Buggy Mod
4wd Buggy Late Model
4×4 SC Late Model
Event rules can be found here: https://tracks.amainhobbies.com/rc-gold-cup-rules/
Rules for classes can be found here on the Dirtoval.com website: https://www.dirtoval.com/Rules
MORE INFO TO COME SOON. CALL WITH QUESTIONS 510-282-2450
World Of Outlaw Gold Cup info and news can be found here: https://www.silverdollarspeedway.com/category/gold-cup-news/
About the facility:
Silver Dollar RC Raceway is owned and operated by AMainHobbies.com and is considered by many to be the premier outdoor race facility in the United States. Silver Dollar RC Raceway has hosted 2 ROAR Nationals, one IFMAR World Championship and many big races with absolute success. We have a very knowledgeable track crew and cater to our racers and visitors.
- Silver Dollar RC Raceway is 160 x 110’ outdoor high-quality dirt and 58×100′ carpet racing surface.
- 12’ high covered drivers stand large enough to accommodate 30 drivers with true ADA accessibility at Silver Dollar RC Raceway.
- 76 permanent 4’x2’ pit spaces, 28 of which are climate controlled at Silver Dollar RC Raceway.
- 5,000+ sq. ft. of available space for overflow pitting for Silver Dollar RC Raceway for large events.
- Pit space for 165+ drivers with table, chair, light and power.
- AMB RC4 scoring hardware with LiveTime race management software.
- Professional catering on site.
- Free trackside Wi-Fi internet access.
- Hotels and restaurants within 1.5 miles of the facility.
- Largest accessible parts inventory for racers available at AMain Performance Hobbies warehouse.
- Plenty of parking and free overnight RV parking (no hookups).
- LiveRC broadcast of all races – http://amainsdrc.liverc.com/
- Retrievable video footage of all races via LiveRC – https://www.youtube.com/user/LiveRCvideos/playlists
- For more information about Silver Dollar RC Raceway, please visit – http://tracks.amainhobbies.com/silver-dollar-rc-raceway/
- The facility has had three VRC-PRO layouts created as listed below: