AMainhobbies Manufacturers Cup, Presented by
Manufacturers’ Cup “More Fun” Says Top Pros
Last years 2017 race report: https://tracks.amainhobbies.com/2017-amain-hobbies-manufacturers-shootout-by-tekin/
AMain Performance Hobbies and Silver Dollar RC Raceway would like to welcome you to the 2018 AMain Hobbies’ Manufacturers Cup. A race with the intent to bring all of the manufacturers together to compete against each other for the coveted 2018 Manufacturers Cup title. The race will award classes individually, but results will be combined to crown the actual team champion—the Manufacturers Cup.
The Manufacturers’ Cup will be awarded to the top two pro finishers and combined with the top open-class finisher with the same chassis. First place will be awarded one point, second place two point, third place three points and so on in the pro and open divisions. The team with the lowest point total will win with the tie breaker going to the team with the highest combined laps and fastest times of the three drivers.
The open division will be racing 3 rounds of IFMAR qualifying (14-15 minutes nitro; 8-10 minute electric) with single main events with bumps (14-15 minutes nitro; 8-10 minute electric main events). How you finish in the final main event will be your result. All drivers should get an hour of track time in this format on top of what they get in practice Friday and Saturday morning.
The pro drivers will be running 4 heads up mains reshuffled with stagger starts for points (14-15 minutes nitro; 8-10 minute electric mains). A 1st in an individual main will be one point a 12th will be twelve points. Low points win with one throw out ( Just like Reedy Style) except there will be one pit stop more than likely for all drivers unless they can go 14-15 minutes on a tank of fuel. Each racer will ideally receive a different row start as best allowed with the reshuffling every round with goal being one for sure front row start. All drivers should get an hour of track time in this format on top of what they get in practice Friday and Saturday morning.
Also, the event will be about all spectators and racers getting the opportunity to see what the pros are running and get a chance for some one on one with top pro drivers and their products they are running in a manufacturer booth setup.
This premier event will be the first of many for the 2018 AMain race season.
Here is some links to some videos of past events held at Silver Dollar RC Raceway to get an idea of what a World class facility this is.
2017 AMainhobbies Manufacturers Cup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wP8F906gkE&feature=youtu.be
2014 Labor Day Shootout/ US Pro Cup: https://youtu.be/UZP-2MT0zuU
2014 SWorkz Challege: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGH6uGLauM0
2013 IFMAR World Championship: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsX2AxNCUYw
2015 ROAR National Championship: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLxi8DG2kmQ
Keep your calendars clear first weekend in June for this one.
Hotel Information can be found at: http://tracks.amainhobbies.com/travel-resources/
Silver Dollar RC Raceway is owned and operated by AMainhobbies.com and is considered by many to be the premier outdoor race facility in the United States. Silver Dollar RC Raceway has hosted 2 ROAR Nationals, one IFMAR World Championship and many big races with absolute success. We have a very knowledgeable track crew and cater to your racers.
- Silver Dollar RC Raceway is 200 x 110’ outdoor high-quality dirt racing surface.
- 12’ high covered drivers stand large enough to accommodate 30 drivers with true ADA accessibility at Silver Dollar RC Raceway.
- 76 permanent 4’x2’ pit spaces, 28 of which are climate controlled at Silver Dollar RC Raceway.
- 5,000+ sq. ft. of available space for overflow pitting for Silver Dollar RC Raceway for large events.
- Pit space for 165+ drivers with table, chair, light and power.
- AMB RC4 scoring hardware with LiveTime race management software.
- Professional catering on site.
- Free trackside Wi-Fi internet access.
- Hotels and restaurants within 1.5 miles of the facility.
- Largest accessible parts inventory for racers available at AMain Performance Hobbies warehouse.
- Plenty of parking and free overnight RV parking (no hookups).
- LiveRC broadcast of all races http://amainsdrc.liverc.com/
- Retrievable video footage of all races via LiveRC https://www.youtube.com/user/LiveRCvideos/playlists
- For more information about Silver Dollar RC Raceway, please visit http://tracks.amainhobbies.com/silver-dollar-rc-raceway/
- The facility has had three VRC-PRO layouts created as listed below:
Drivers Stand and closer shot of track